Dr. Prof. Samarendra Nath GhoshNeurosurgeonMBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics, DNB - Neurosurgery, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Neuro Surgery42 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
Awards and Recognitions
- DIPLOMA IN BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE from Calcutta University in 1981
- Batabyal S. K. Ghosh S.N et al.: Evaluation of Carcino embryonic Antigen test in human mammary carcinocoma, Indian Journal of Pathology & Microbiology, 30: 407-412, 1987.
- Chakraborti S. Samaddar J, Ghosh Sn et. al.: Study of moderate & high altitude stress on urinary T3, T4, Cortisol & Plasma TSH levels of humans. International Journal of Environmental Studies, 31: 39-43, 1988.
- Batabyal SK, Ghosh A, Chatterjee N & Ghosh Sn: Immunological characteristics of patients with bone tuberculosis. Indian Journal of Allergy & Applied Immunology, 5: 17-20, 1991.
- Gangopadhyay PK, Ghosh SN et. al.: Spontaneous cerebellar haematoma treated conservatively-brief case report : Journal of Association of Physician of India, Vol. 41 (No.4):232,1993.
- Basu PS, Datta TK, Ghosh AK, Ghosh SN rt al.: High performance liquid chromatographic determination of an abnormal protein in cerebrospinal fluid of primary brain tumour-letter to Editor. Neurology India,42:50-52,1994.
- Ghosh SN et al.: Extradural Haematoma- Nonsurgical management. Neurology India, Supplement to Vol. 44 (No. 4) December, 1996.
- Ghosh SN et al.: Immunological insurgence in brain tumour immunity: Cellular immunity in Astrocytoma Grade II / III patients. Neurology India,Vol. 46, Supplement No. I, December, 1998.
- Swapna Choudhuri, S Gangopadhyay, Ghosh SN et. al.: Immunological insurgence during intracranial tumour development: Cellular immunity in Astrocytoma patient Indian Journal of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Vol 54 No. 3,118-129;2000.
- Ghosh SN et al.: An immunoregulatory aproach towards the growth kinetics of Experimental brain tumour: Role of Corpuscular antigen in the Book of Abstracts 12th World Congress of Neurosurgery, Sydney 16th - 20th September, 2001, Page No - 119.
- Ghosh SN et al.: Intercranial tuberculoma - Unusual presentation of four cases. In the Book of Abstracts 12th World Congress of Neurosurgery, Sydney 16th - 20th September, 2001, Page No - 145.
- Ghosh SN, et al.: Nonsurgical management of intracranial extradural haematoma In the Book of Abstacts of 2nd South Asian Neurosurgical Congress, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 22nd – 25th February, 2001.
- Ghosh SN et al.: Significance of tumour makers in Neurooncology: Proceeding of the National Seminar or Recent Advances in Molecular Physiology held in 4th February, 2002 at the University of Kalyani - 741235, West Bengal, India OP-12,6.69,2002.
- Basu PS, Maji R, Ghosh SN et al.: Immunodiagnosis of the primary brain tumour(glioma) by the endogenous lectin. Clinica Chimica Acta 317:177 - 180, 2002.
- Chakraborti S, Chakraborti T, Ghosh SN et al.: Protective role of magnesium cardiovascular disease: A review - Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 238: 163-169,2002.
- Batabyal SK, Ghosh B, Ghosh SN et. al.: Cerebrospinal fluid and serum Carcinoembryonic antigen in brain tumour. Neoplasma 50, 5, 377-379,2003.
- Ghosh SN: Immunological aspects of brain tumours in the Book of Abstracts of National Seminar on Recent Advances in Stress Physiology, Toxicology & Immunology (27th-28th November, 2003) at University of Kalyani-741235, West Bengal, India, Page No. 25-26.
- Bhattacharya KB, Senapati A, Ghosh SN et al.: Case Report - Bobblehead dole Syndrome: some atypical features with a new lesion and review of literature; Acta Neurol. Scand.: 108; 216-220,2003.
- D. Mandal, H. N. Das, Ghosh SN, Epidermiology of traumatic Brain injury: A Hospital Based study, Indian Medical Journal, Vol. 101, No 6 206-207, June 2007.
- Mukherjee S, Ghosh SN, Chatterjee U, Chatterjee S. Detection of progesterone receptor and the correlation with Ki-67 labeling index in meningiomas. Neurology India 2011;59:817-22
- Pankaj Kumar, Sagar Acharya, Sirshendu Chatterjee, Annapurna Kumari, Sunhrita Chaudhuri, Manoj Kumar Singh, Samarendra Nath Ghosh, Swapna Chaudhuri: Immunomodulatory role of TIITS in respect to cytotoxic lymphocytes in four grades of human glioma - Cellular immunology 276 (2012) 176-186.
- Kumar P, Acharya S, Ghosh SN, Chaudhuri S et al; Immunomodulatory role of TIITS in respect to cytotoxic lymphocytes in four grades of human glioma; Cellular Immunology; Mar-Apr 2012; Vol 276; Pg 176-186.
- Uniqueness of refractive index as an effective diagnostic parameter for brain lesions: A novel non-traumatic technique to predict refractive index from CT- MR fusion image by applying Feynmann's equation (internet journal of radiology, 2012 vol 14 Nov.
- Biswas T, Ramadan S, Ghosh SN, Bhattacharya R; Uniqueness Of Refractive Index As An Effective Diagnostic Parameter For Brain Lesions: A Novel Noninvasive Technique To Predict Refractive Index From CT-MR Fusion Image By Applying Feynman’s Equation; The Internet Journal of Radiology. 2012 Volume 14 Number 1.
- Kumar B et.al, Bannerjee C, Ghosh SN; Pneumocephalus Following dorsal laminectomy - An Unusual Complication; AJNS (174) 2015
- Ghosh K, Ghosh, SN, Chatterjee U, Chaudhuri S,, Ghosh A; Microglial Contribution To Glioma Progression: An Immunohistochemical Study from Eastern India; Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2016, 17(6), 2767-2773.
- Ghosh S, Chaudhuri S. Bangur Institute of Neurosciences: A premier neurosciences institute of Eastern India. Neurol India 2016;64:513-23
- Roy N, Gerdin M, Ghosh SN, Gupta A, Saha ML, Khajanchi M, Dharap SB, Mohd Ismail D, von Schreeb J. The Chennai consensus on in-hospital trauma care for India. J Emerg Trauma Shock. 2016 Apr-Jun;9(2):90-2. doi: 10.4103/0974-2700.179460. PubMed PMID: 27162445; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4843576.
- Gerdin M, Roy N, Felländer-Tsai L, Tomson G, von Schreeb J, Petzold M; Towards Improved Trauma Care Outcomes in India (TITCO) Consortium., Gupta A, Jhakal A, Basak D, Mohamed Ismail D, Yabo D, Jegadeesan K, Kamble J, Saha ML, Nitnaware M, Khajanchi M, Jothi R, Ghosh SN, Bhoi S, Mahindrakar S, Dharap S, Rao S, Kamal V, Kumar V, Tirlotkar S. Traumatic transfers: calibration is adversely affected when prediction models are transferred between trauma care contexts in India and the United States. J Clin Epidemiol. 2016 Jun;74:177-86. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2016.01.004. PubMed PMID: 26775627.
- Talathi N, Nath S, Roy S, Joardar A, Chaudhuri S, Gangopadhyay G, Ghosh S N; Role of Apo E4 Allele in Recovery From Traumatic Brain Injury: Study In A Tertiary Care Institute in Kolkata; Int. J. Adv. Res. 4(11), 1780-1786
- Bangur Institute of Neurology(B.I.N.), Kolkata, HOD-Dept. of Neuro – Surgery
- Belle View Clinic, Consultant
- Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata, Consultant
- Dakshin Narayanpur Primary Health Centre, Hooghly, West Bengal, Doctor , 1985 - 1988
- Medical College Hospital, Kolkata, Residential Medical Officer cum Clinical Tutor , 1988 - 1990
- Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, Consultant - Department of Neurosurgery , 1992
- Bangur Institute of Neurosciences and IPGMER, SSKM Hospital, Kolkata, Professor of Neurosurgery
- Bangur Institute of Neurosciences and IPGMER, SSKM Hospital, Kolkata, Department of Neurosurgery , 2009 - 2019
- Calcutta University and University of Health Sciences (WB), EXAMINER OF MCH NEUROSURGERY , 2007
- Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Kolkata, COURSE COORDINATOR OF MCH NEUROSURGERY , 2009
- Member Of Selection Committee P.H.D. (Instrumental Sciences), Jadavpur University, Kolkata
8/5, Alipore Rd, Kolkata, West BengalWoodlands Hospital
No schedules available.