Dr. Niranjan BhattacharyaGeneral Surgeon, GynecologistMBBS, MS - General Surgery, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology46 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Issues of birth
- Graft rejection
- The fetus and the continuation of pregnancy
- Fetal cell and tissue therapy in degenerative disease
- Placental Umbilical cord blood as emergency substitute of adult whole blood. Applied for global patents in both areas.
- Role of amniotic fluid as burn dressing.
- Specialized cancer chemotherapy (perfusion cancer chemotherapy).
- General Surgeon
Awards and Recognitions
- He pursued research and submitted his D.Sc. thesis in (Ob/Gyn) in 2000 and received the degree in 2002.
- For an outstanding thesis he received the highest Medical Research award from Calcutta University, i.e., the Coates Gold medal with the citation “Outstanding medical contribution for the preceding seven years”
- Received the best laparoscopic sterilization award of the state of West Bengal in 1987
- In addition to his responsibility as Senior Consultant in Ob/Gyn etc, he commissioned Naihati State Hospital, Bijoygarh State Hospital, Baghajatin State Hospital, Moore Avenue Government Polyclinic and during the last phase of his service, he was posted at Vidyasagore Hospital.
- Post doctoral training: from University of California, Davis, USA, University of Bologna, Italy ,University of Kiel, Germany etc.
- Presented 184 papers outside the country as invited Speaker, Chairman of Scientific sessions etc since 1982 World Congress Ob/Gyn San Francisco.
- In April 2006, was invited as Visiting Professor in Ob/Gyn, University of Boston USA and also invited to give lectures at the University of Harvard, University of London, University of Glasgow, Chinese University of Hong Kong etc.
- Published multi-authored edited books by the global leader of Medical Publications; Springer Verlag. My co-Editor is Prof Phillip Stubblefield of Harvard University and presently Emeritus Prof of Ob/Gyn, University of Boston, Mass, USA.
- Book 1: Frontiers of Cord Blood Science ( Bhattacharya and Stubblefield) Three editions, (First in 2009) Springer Verlag, UK
- Book 2: Regenerative Medicine Using prgnancy specific Biological Substnces ( Bhattacharya and Stubblefield), First Edition (Hard Cover) in 2011 February. Springer Verlag) UK
- Book 3: Human Fetal Tissue transplantation: ( Bhattacharya and Stubblefield) Springer Verlag) UK
- Book 4: Regenerative Medicine using stem cells from non fetal sources. ( Bhattacharya and Stubblefield) Springer Verlag) UK
- Book 5: Human fetal Growth and Development - First and Second Trimesters.( Bhattacharya and Stubblefield) Springer Verlag) UK .
- Book 6: Why mothers die during childbirth in developing country (Applied for agreement with Springer Verlag)
- Director General Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine’s 1st Public Cord Blood Bank of the country.
- Fellowship in Regenerative Medicine and Translational Sciences.(FRMTS)
- Fellowship in Medical applications of Laser Technology (FMALT) in collaboration with CSIR-Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute.
- M Phil programme in Regenerative Medicine and Translational Science.
- PhD programme in Regenerative Medicine and translational Science.
- Coordinator, MD and DM programme in Regenerative Medicine and Translational Science.
- Coordinator, MD and DM programme in Genomic and Translational Medical Science.
- Convener Dr B.C.Roy Bio Repository at Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine
- Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine, Team Leader
- West Bengal Health Services, Consultant , 1982
- Dr Subhas Mukherjee Memorial Chair Professor and Head of the Dept of Regenerative Medicine and Translational Science, Calcutta, India
- Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata, Consultant Ob/Gyn , 1986
- Belle Vue Clinic, Calcutta, Consultant Ob/Gyn , 1984
- B.P. Poddar Hospital & Medical Research, Kolkata, Sr Consultant Surgeon/Gynecologist/Obstetrician/Translational Scientist , 2005
- Advanced Medical research Institute, Sr Consultant and Advisor , 2006
- AMRI Hospital, Medical Advisor and Sr Consultant , 2005
- Apollo Clinic Tollygunge, Calcutta, Sr Consultant in Surgical and Gynaecological Oncology
- Leprosy Control Committee of the state of West Bengal
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (USA),
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (USA),
- Fellow of the Society of Ob/Gyn, Canada.
- Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society of India.
- Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology, Canada.
- American College of Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons, India chapter
- New York Academy of Medical Sciences
- Association of Surgeons, India.
- Indian Medical Association.
8/5, Alipore Rd, Kolkata, West BengalWoodlands Hospital
No schedules available.