Dr. Kalyan Kr. SarkarUrologist, General SurgeonMBBS, MNAMS, MCh - Urology, MS - General Surgery, FRCS - General Surgery39 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Prostate Diseases
- Prostate Cancer
- Laser Prostatectomy
- Robotic Surgery
- Ready Reckoner (BPH)
- Stone Management
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Overactive Bladder
- Blood in Urine
- Self Catheterisation
- Uro-Oncology Clinic
- Prostate Clinic
- General Surgeon
Awards and Recognitions
- Awards and distinctions ( High School) BM Chatterjee Silver Medal, Mathematics, 1973. St. Xavier's Collegiate School, Calcutta
- National Science Talent Search Scholarship, 1973
- Ranked 1st Joint entrance examinations to Engineering and Medicine, West Bengal, 1973
- Awards and Distinctions ( Medical School ) Merit Scholarships, 1975 - 1980
- Class Assistant in Surgery, 1977
- Duke of Edinburgh Prize in Surgery, 1978
- Government Prize in Clinical Surgery, 1978
- Gold Medal in Dental Surgery, 1978
- Chance Certificate, 1975 - 1980
- Principal Investigator in several Phase II and III international trials on prostate and bladder cancer.
- Maintain a vigorous programme for postgraduate urological training in the Urology unit, RKM Seva Pratisthan, Calcutta from 1996 till date.
- A clinical study of congenital malformations of the upper urinary tract. Sarkar KK. Dissertation, Calcutta University, 1985. MS General Surgery, 1985.
- Intramural vesical abscess : A case report. Sarkar KK, Philp T, Thurley, P. Brit J Urol (1990), 66, 666-667.
- Instructional course lecture : Superficial transitional cell carcinoma bladder. Sarkar KK. Journal of the Vivekananada Institute of Medical Sciences. Volume 22. 1999.
- An indigenous urodynamic chair. Mukherjee, S, Sarkar KK, Ghose A, Basu S. Indian Journal of Urology , 2000, Vol 16 (suppl). Pp10.
- Loin Percussion : A novel approach to the clearance of residual lower calyceal calculi after lithotripsy. Mukherjee S., Sarkar KK, Ghose A, Basu S. Vol 16 ( conf suppl ). Indian Journal of Urology, 2000,Vol 16 ( suppl ). Pp10.
- The Flutamide Withdrawal Effect in Hormone Refractory Prostatic Carcinoma : A report on seven consecutive patients. Sarkar KK., Basu S. Indian Journal of Urology, 2002, Vol 18 ( suppl ). Pp29.
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Minimal Invasive Methods of treatment against conventional surgical therapy for urinary tract lithiasis. Mukherjee S, Sarkar KK, Basu, S. Indian Journal of Urology , 2002,Vol 18 ( suppl ). Pp 17.
- The Impact of Co-morbid factors on the outcome of transurethral prostatectomy. Sarkar KK, Chakravarty A, Chowdhury A. Indian Journal of Urology, 2002, Vol 18 ( suppl ). Pp43.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy in the management of obstructive uropathy due to advanced pelvic cancer : dispassionate analysis of an emotive issue. Sarkar K K , Basu S. J Endourol, 2004, Vol 18 Supplement 1, November, 2004. Pp A 153
- Changing trends in the SWL of ureteric calculi : 15 years single center experience. Sarkar K K, Basu, S. . . J Endourol, 2004, Vol 18 Supplement 1, November, 2004. Pp A 153
- Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata, Director - Urology , 1994
- Park Clinic, Consultant , 2004
- RKM Seva Pratishthan, Kolkata, Professor and Head of the Department of Urology
- NRS Medical College Hospital, Clinical assistant , 1983 - 1985
- Whipps Cross Hospital, London, UK, Registrar and senior registrar , 1990 - 1993
- Cancer Research Centre, Thakurpukur, Consultant - Urologist , 1994 - 2005
- Cancer Research Centre, Thakurpukur, Advisor , 2005
- AMRI Hospital, Visiting Urologist , 2004
- SASK Hospital, Visiting Urologist , 1994 - 2006
- Wockhardt Hospital, Consultant - Urologist , 1993 - 2004
- Previously Treasurer & Secretary, Bengal Urological Society
- Previously Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Urology
- Previously Member, Scientific Committee, Urological Society of India
- Member, Education Cell, USI
- Full Member, Urological Society of India (National and East Zone Chapter)
- Member, Bladder cancer guidelines panel, Urological Society of India
- Full Member, British Association of Urological Surgeons, UK
- Corresponding Member, American Urological Association
- Corresponding Member, European Association of Urology
- Full Member, Societe Internationale Urologique (SIU)
- Member, International Continence Society
- Full Member, The Endourology Society
- Member, Genito Urinary Cancer Society of India
- Member, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Full Member, Association of Surgeons of India
8/5, Alipore Rd, Kolkata, West BengalWoodlands Hospital
No schedules available.