Dr. Jayanta ChakrabortyDiabetologist, EndocrinologistMBBS, MD, FICA, FICP0 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Treatment For Diabetes Management
Awards and Recognitions
- Osler Award, Endocrine Society of India. [Joint Recipient]
- National Scholarship.
- Medical College Scholarship.
- B N Bose Prize in Clinical Medicine, Medical College, Calcutta.
- M K S Overseas Travelling Fellowship, Calcutta University.
- Visiting Professor- Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati (USA).
- Serum Homocysteine Level in Type 2 Diabetes and its Relationship with Glycaemic Status: A Pilot Study with 50 Patients.
- Study of Prevalence of Hypogonadism in Indian Type 2 Diabetic Subjects.
- The Effect of DPP 4 Inhibitors on Serum Lipase Level in Type 2 Diabetic Patients: A Comparative Pilot Study Between Sitagliptin And Vildagliptin.
- Effect of Socioeconomic Status on Diabetic Mothers Parity and Infant Birth Weight – 20-Year Study.
- Plasma Fibrinogen: A Risk Factor for Coronary Artery Disease in Diabetics.
- Study of respiratory diseases in diabetes mellitus. Journal of Diabetic Association of India. Vol 28, No 1; Jan 1988; pp 12-15.
- Study of urinary tract infections in cases of diabetes mellitus. Journal of Diabetic Association of India. Vol. 29, No. 3; Jul 1989; pp 86-89.
- Study of cardiovascular complications and mortality in diabetic and nondiabetic patients sustaining acute myocardial infarction. Journal of Diabetic Association of India. Vol. 31, No. 4; Oct 1991; pp 94-98.
- Clinical evaluation of significance of reciprocal ST-T changes in 70 cases of AMI. Journal of VIMS. Vol. 17, No. II; 1994; pp 27-29.
- Autonomic dysfunctions in disorders of peripheral nervous system. Advances in Clinical Neurosciences. 1995.
- A five year follow up study of different antidiabetic treatment on ECG changes in diabetes. Journal of VIMS. Vol. 19, No. 1; 1996; pp 49-51.
- A rare but rewarding case of pain abdomen, porphyria. Journal of VIMS, Vol. 33, I and II; 2010.
- Clinical study of changes of cardiovascular reflexes due to autonomic nervous system involvement in case of diabetes and its relation with somatic neuropathy. Published as MD Thesis in 1982.
- Seasonal variation of blood pressure in Kolkata. Accepted for publication at Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. Sep 2013.
- Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences, Consultant
- Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata, Consultant
- Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan, Kolkata, Consultant
- Member, Endocrine Society of India.
- Member, Diabetic Association of India.
- Member, Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India.
- Member, Association of Physicians of India.
- Member, Cardiological Society of India.
- Member, Indian Association of Clinical Medicine.
- Member, Indian Medical Asociation.
- Patron Member, Indian Affiliate, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation International, USA.
- Executive Committee Member, API, West Bengal Branch. 2008-09.
- Advisory Board Member, APICON 2012.
- Endocrine Board Review. The Endocrine Society, USA,
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Improving Inpatient Glycemic Control: Expert Insights.
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
- Member, Endocrine Society, USA.
8/5, Alipore Rd, Kolkata, West BengalWoodlands Hospital
No schedules available.