Dr. Animesh SahaRadiation OncologistFRCR - Clinical Oncology, MBBS, MD - Radiotherapy12 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Conventional radiation therapy
- 3D conformal radiotherapy
- 4D-CT based radiotherapy
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy (VMAT and Helical Tomotherapy)
- Image guided radiotherapy
- Stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SABR) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Total Body Radiotherapy (TBI).
- Bone metastases
- Brain metastases- whole brain radiotherapy
- Spinal cord compression
- Gynaecological bleeding
- Soft tissue metastases
- Superior venal cava obstruction
- CNS tumours
- Head and neck tumours
- Thoracic tumours
- GI tumours
- Gynaecological tumours
- Breast cancer
- Urological cancer
- Miscellaneous ( Unknown primary and others)
- Vaginal cylinder
- Tandem and ovoid
- Ring applicator
- Interstitial brachytherapy
- Radiation Oncologist
Awards and Recognitions
- Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR), UK awarded by General Medical Council, UK in October 2019.
- I received Cyclotron Trust Award with travel grant to attend the Education Sessions of PTCOG-58 conference held in Manchester, United Kingdom between 10-15th June, 2019.
- Having qualified for the award of Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations in Radiotherapy at the examination held in December, 2013; has been admitted by the council as member (MNAMS) of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) in the year 2018
- International training fellowship in St James University Hospital (Leeds teaching hospital), UK from March, 2017- October, 2018.
- Fellowship in Clinical oncology from Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India from June, 2013 to January, 2017.
- I was selected for ESMO preceptorship on Brain tumor held between September 28, 2018-September 29,2018 in Athens, Greece.
- FRCR in Clinical Oncology awarded by Royal College of Radiologists in April,2018
- Hypo-fractionated radiotherapy schedule of 35Gy in 10 Fractions in advanced incurable breast cancer: a prospective Phase I/II study (HYPORT study). I Got 1st prize for poster presentation in controversies in clinical oncology which was held in Kolkata, India in 2016.
- I had an oral presentation in The Royal College of Radiologists proffered paper session in NCRI conference 2015, Liverpool, UK; for which I got ‘The Company of Biologists Travel Award’ with a bursary of £800.
- ‘Is daily MVCT imaging really required in helical tomotherapy for head and neck cancers? : An analysis of a large dataset of 2858 fractions’. I had presented this research work in AROICON West Bengal chapter 2013 in Kolkata, India (got 2nd prize for oral presentation).
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Consultant Clinical Oncologist
- Leeds Cancer Centre, UK, Consultant Clinical Oncologist , 2018
- St James's University Hospital, Leeds teaching hospital NHS trust, Leeds, LS97TF, Locum Consultant , 2018 - 2019
- St James's University Hospital, Leeds teaching hospital NHS trust, Leeds,LS97TF, Medical training initiative (MTI) as Specialist registrar , 2017 - 2018
- Tata Medical Center 14 MAR (E-W), New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata, West Bengal 700156, India., Fellow , 2013 - 2018
- IPGME&R and SSKM hospital,Kolkata 244, A.J.C. Bose Road, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020, India, Post Graduate Trainee , 2010 - 2013
- Peerless Hospital & B.K.Roy Research Center 360 Panchasayar, Kolkata - 700 094, West Bengal, India, Medical Officer , 2010 - 2010
- R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital 1, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700004, India, House Staff , 2009 - 2009
- R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital 1, Khudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700004, India, Internship , 2008 - 2009
- 64647 ,West Bengal Medical Council
- Indian medical association (life member no- BGL/9348/119/305/161892/2011-12/L)
- Association of radiation oncologists of India ( life member no- 1672)
- European society of medical oncology (ESMO ID- 81560).
- Royal College of Radiologists (Membership no: 315972)
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (Membership no-24697)
- Member (MNAMS) of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India) in the year 2018.
DC Block, Office Tower, City CentreThe Apollo Clinic Saltlake (NABL ACCREDITED)
No schedules available.