Dr. Debashis SanyalPsychiatristMBBS, MD - Psychiatry27 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Clinical Assessment
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Social Psychology
- Mental Illness
- Qualitative Research
- Clinical Trials
- Geriatric Healthcare Services
Awards and Recognitions
- Credited 50 publications in National and International journals
- Collaborated in multidisciplinary research with Neurologists
- Worked with Anthropologists in trying to understand stigma related to mental illness and patients perception about mental illness and its treatment
- Collaborated in multidisciplinary research with Neurologists, Physicians, Chest Specialists, Dermatologists & Paediatricians
- Award: Bombay P.S.S.J.Y Award, Jan 2009
- Award: Dr. Indla Rama Subba Reddy IAPP Award, Nov 2005
- Award: Leelavati Bholanath Award, Oct 1999
- Award: Mumbai Psychiatric Society Silver Jubilee Year Award, Jan 1999
- Journal Referee, Indian Journal of Public Health
- Scientific Comitee Members, Kolkata Psychaitry Club.
- Fellow, American Psychiatric Scoiety
- Fellow , Indian Psychiatric Scoiety
- Participated in Drug Trial- “Efficacy and Tolerability of Aripiprazole in Patients with Schizophrenia & Schizoaffective Disorders”--- Published in Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 2004, Volume 46(2), 150-155.
- Co investigator in a DST sponsored study “Non motor symptoms in Parkinson”s disease”.
- First Position in M.D.( Psychiatry ) 1998 conducted by Calcutta University.
- Awarded Certificate of Honour in the year 1989 by Jagdis Bose National Science Talent Search.
- Original Research Paper presented Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ( ANCIPS )-1999 held at Bhubaneswar was adjudged the joint winner of Mumbai Psychiatric Society Silver Jubilee Year Award-1999. Name of the paper- A study of Psychiatric morbidity amongst cancer patients
- Original Research Paper presented at Conference of Eastern Zonal Branch of Indian Psychiatric Society (CEZIPS ) 1999 at Guwahaty, Assam, was the winner of Leelavati Bholanath Award. Name of the paper- Cholesterol Level in Panic Disorder and Co-morbid depression--Biochemical Marker or indicator of Cardiovascular Risk.
- Original Research paper presented at 6th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Private Psychiatry(IAPP) at Kolkata, was winner of Dr. Indla Rama Subba Reddy IAPP Award 2005. Name of the paper---Clinico-Demographic Profile and Illness meaning of Somatoform Disorders: A Study of Primary Care, Sunderban, India.
- Original Research Paper which was presented at Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society ( ANCIPS )-2009 was adjudged the joint winner of Mumbai Psychiatric Society Silver Jubilee Year Award-2009. Name of the paper- Prevalence of minor physical anomalies in mentally challenged people: Is there any pattern?
- Phd Guide/Co-Guide of 6 Phd Students under The West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata.
- Was Co-Guide of 2 theses submitted by D.M.(Neurology) Post Doctoral Trainees working at Bangur Institute of Neurology, Kolkata
- Reviewer of Indian journal of Public Health
- Judge of ANCIPS award papers-3 successive years
- Institute of Psychiatry, Kolkata, Worked as Research Co-ordinator
- North Bengal Medical College · Department of Psychiatry, Banglore, Worked as Assistant Professor
- North Bengal Medical College, Department of Psychiatry, Banglore, Worked as Clinical Tour , 2003 - 2005
- Calcutta National Medical College, Psychiatry, Psychiatry Department , 2005 - 2011
- Midnapore Medical College, Psychiatry , 2011 - 2012
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Psychiatry Department
- KPC Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata, Working as a Professor , 2014
- HN Polyclinic, Consultant
- Suraksha Polyclinic, Consultant
- Ananda Polyclinic, Consultant
- Doctor's point Chamber Menoka Medical Hall, Consultant
- 51614 , 1994
- Life Member, Indian Psychiatric Society
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association
- Life Member, Indian Public Health Association
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress
Jatin Das Park Metro Railway Station, 51a, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Road, KolkataKundu Medical Doctor`s Chambers
No schedules available.