Dr. Avik BhattacharyaInterventional RadiologistMBBS, PDCC, MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology, Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology17 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Cranial and peripheral diagnostic angiography.
- Coiling of intracranial aneurysms
- Intracranial AVM embolization by glue
- Carotid stent graft placement
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke
- Embolization in refractory epistaxis.
- Embolization of Head and Neck tumors like nasopharyngeal angiofibroma.
- Sclerotherapy of Peripheral Vascular Malformations (Venous Malformations and Hemangiomas)
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding not amenable to endoscopic interventions.
- Embolization of Post traumatic or post operative renal bleed.
- Renal angioplasty in Renovascular hypertension.
- Central Venous Access
- Trans jugular liver biopsy
- Angioplasty of Budd- Chiari Syndrome / IVC stent occlusion
- IVC and Hepatic vein stenting.
- Vena Cava Filter Placement
- Transjugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt (TIPS)
- Trans-arterial chemo-embolization of liver tumor (TACE)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization.
- USG and CT guided FNAC and biopsies.
- Percutaneous drainages of Liver abscess, abdominal collections,
- Percutaneous biliary drainage and biliary stenting.
- Trans gastric infected pancreatic pseudocyst drainage
- Percutaneous nephrostomy and ureteral stenting.
- Fallopian Tube recanalization
- Esophageal stenting
- Varicose Vein
- Uterine Fibroid
- Perm Cath
- Interventional Radiologist
Awards and Recognitions
- Awarded “Honors” in the subject ‘Ophthalmology’ in the 3rd prof. M.B.B.S. by Calcutta University,
- Dr. G. N. Shroff Gold Medal Award 2007 for best paper presentation on “High Resolution Ultrasonography of Knee Joint” at the IRIA M.P. State Annual Conference at Bhopal,
- Second Prize in competitive paper presentation on “Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Role of MRI for Accurate Quantification of Hepatic Steatosis and Significant Liver Disease.” at the IRIA National Conference 2013 at Indore,
- Published numerous research papers and abstracts
- He attended Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences for post doctoral fellowship in Interventional and diagnostic Neuro-Radiology
- Bhattacharyya A, Mittal S, Yadav RR, Jain K, Gupta B, Parihar A, Handique A, Jain K, Phadke RV. Endovascular Management of Infective Intracranial Aneurysms with Acrylic Glue: a report of two cases. Interventional Neuroradiology 2009;15: 443-447.
- Pal D, Bhattacharyya A, Husain M, Prasad KN, Pandey CM, Gupta RK. In Vivo Proton MR Spectroscopy Evaluation of Pyogenic Brain Abscesses: A Report of 194 Cases. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2010 Feb;31(2):360-6.
- Bhattacharyya A, Boruah DK, Handique A, Singh V, Kalita J, Misra UK, Phadke RV. Involvement of the Choroid Plexus in Neurotuberculosis: MR Findings in Six Cases. The Neuroradiology Journal 2010: 23: 590-595.
- School of Digestive and Liver Diseases at the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research in Kolkata, India, Assistant Professor of the Division of Gastrointestinal Radiology and Interventions
- Belle Vue Clinic, Consultant Intervention Radiologist , 2011
- Tata Medical Center, Consultant Interventional Radiologist , 2013
- CK Birla Hospitals, Consultant Intervention Radiologist , 2014
- Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata, Consultant Intervention Radiologist , 2016
- Saavi Diagnostic Center, Director , 2019
- Southern Polyclinic & Diagnostic Centre, Director , 2020
- Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research and Seth Sukhlal Karnani Memorial Hospital, Professor (Assistant) , 2010 - 2014
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Senior Resident , 2008 - 2010
- 60056 , 2004
- Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA)
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Indian Society of Vascular & Interventional Radiology (ISVIR)
- Indian Society of Interventional Oncology
9, Dr. U. N. Brahmachari Street (Formerly Loudon StreetBelle Vue Clinic
No schedules available.