Dr. Samindra Nath BasakSurgical OncologistMBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - General Surgery, FRCS - General Surgery36 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Pneumonectomy surgery
- Bowel Resection surgery
- Cancer Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Neck cancer surgery
- Colorectal cancer surgery
- Surgical Oncologist
Awards and Recognitions
- FRACS Part I (June 1990) : Australasian College of Surgeons (University College Hospital of Singapore)
- PLAB (Nov. 1995) : British Medical Association
- FRCS (Nov. 1996) : Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- FIAGES (August 2011) : The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- National Scholarship Scheme – Ministry of Education & Culture, Merit Certificate ( Government of India, 1977)
- Second Rank in Final MBBS Examination – University of North Bengal, Final MBBS Examination
- First Rank in Final MBBS Examination in Surgery under University of North Bengal.
- First Rank in Calcutta University MS Entrance Examination (1989).
- Gold Medal in MS General Surgery Examination, IPGMER, Calcutta, India.
- Merit Certificate for Dissertation, IPGMER, Calcutta, India.
- Chairperson – 2nd, 3rd & 4th East Zonal Surgical Workshop
- Attended as a Faculty in Tripura State Surgical Conference in December 2007 – Live workshop for Right Hemicolectomy with Stapplers and delivered lecture on Breast Conservation Surgery.
- Chairperson – 1st East Zonal Surgical Oncology Workshop (Nov. 2006) – Radical neck dissection in workshop.
- Attended as a Faculty in AMASICON 2006.
- ASI CON – Kolkata. Participate in Panel Discussion on ‘Locally advanced breast carcinoma’; December 2012.
- ASICON 2011-Kochi, Kerala. Participate in Panel Discussion on Management of locally advanced breast cancer & Chairperson in Panel Discussion on Management of locally advanced breast cancer; December 2011
- nnual Conference of Jharkhand Surgical Association, Sahibganj – Panelist on Breast Cancer, Lower GI Bleeding; November 2011
- EZSO – CME cum Workshop, CCWH&RI, Thakurpukur, Kolkata; December 2011
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India, Cuttack – Advanced Breast Carcinoma – June 2011.
- First East Zone CME Programme of the Association of Breast Surgeons of India held at Panda Curie Cancer & SCB Medical College, Cuttack – Panelist – Locally advanced breast carcinoma; June 2011
- XXIV Annual Scientific Conference of Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan – Early detection of Carcinoma (Breast); July 2010
- XXIII Annual Scientific Conference, Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan, Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences; 2009; Panel Discussion on GI Bleeding
- Chromosomal aberrations in breast cancer patients in West Bengal – Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan, Kolkata – Thesis Guide.
- Identification of susceptibility alleles for the development of Head & Neck Cancer in Indian population – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur In collaboration with Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
- Co-Investigator – Dr. S. N. Basak with Dr. Chinmoy Panda & Susanta Roychoudhury (Institute of Molecular Biology – J.U.)
- Genomic in stabilities in squamous cell carcinoma of head & neck from the Indian population – Cancer Centre Welfare Home & Research Institute, Thakurpukur (In collaboration with Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
- Study of excised heart valve in valve replacement cases in Department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery (IGPMER) S.S.K.M Hospital, Calcutta, India.
- Project at Queen Mary’s Hospital on a comparative study of open and closed endoscopic carpal tunnel decompression. On a monthly basis I audit our Unit admissions
- Project at Guy’s Hospital on a comparative study of open (mini thoracotomy and plurectomy versus thoracoscopy i.e. pleurodesis in recurrent pneumothorax cases
- European Breast Symposium, QMC, Nottingham, Sept, 1999
- AMRI Hospital, Dhakuria, Consultant
- RSV Hospital, Consultant
- 44841 , 1986
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Alumni of North Bengal Medical College Ex-students Association
- Indian Life Saving Society
Block-A, Scheme-L11 P-4&5, Gariahat Rd, DhakuriaAMRI Hospital,Dhakuria
No schedules available.