Dr. Soumya ChakrabortyOrthopedistMBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery 13 years experience
Professional StatementDr. Soumya Chakraboty is a well known Orthopedic surgeon in Kolkata.After passing MBBS from N.R.S Medical College, Kolkata, he did his MS from prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh. He served as Registrar at the same institute for 2 more years. Then he worked at Bombay Hospital for sometime. He went abroad (UK, Germany) to get further exposure in his fields of interest. He has been extensively trained in Spinal Surgery and Joint Replacement. Dr Chakraborty started his own practice in Kolkata since 2013. He has published number of papers in various journals and presented papers in national and international conferences.
Share your experienceShare Profile
Question & answer
- spine surgery
- arthritis Management
- sports Injuries
- fracture treatment
- spine care
- Trauma surgeries
- Arthroscopic surgeries of knee and shoulder
- Joint replacement (both primary and revision, partial knee replacement, elbow and shoulder replacement.
Awards and Recognitions
- Fellowship training in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Article on 'Success in Knee Replacement' published in Anandabazar Patrika newspaper
- Article on 'Diagnosis and Management of Spinal ailments' published in Protidin newspaper.
- .Tarlov cysts: A report of two cases. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery 2012; 20(1):87-9
- Massive Tubercular Pseudo-tumor of the Thigh: A case report. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2012; 12: 29.
- .Femoroacetacular Impingement and Comparison of Radiological Indexes: A Study of 50 Cases. MUSCULOSKELETAL SURGERY La Chirurgia degli Organi di Movimento 2011; 3(4):236-41.
- Management of Displaced Proximal Humeral Fractures. Webmed Central trauma 2010; 1(11):WMC001232.
- Modified Femoral Neck Valgus Osteotomy For Late Presented Femur Neck Stress Fractures In Military Recruits: A Report of 3 Cases'- Published online in Indian Journal of Orthopedics.
- .Femoroacetabular impingement and comparison of radiological indexes: a study on 50 cases. Kumar R, Aggarwal A, Krishnan V, Gopinathan N, Chakraborty S. Musculoskelet Surg. 2013 Aug;97(2):153-8. doi: 10.1007/s12306-013-0244-5. Epub 2013 Feb 5.
- Modified valgus osteotomy of the femoral neck for late presenting femoral neck stress fractures in military recruits.Ramesh Kumar Sen, Sujit Kumar Tripathy, Shakthivel R R Manoharan and Soumya Chakraborty. Indian J Orthop. 2013 Sep-Oct; 47(5): 510–514. doi: 10.4103/0019-5413.118209.
- PGIMER, Registrar
- Bombay Hospital, Consultant
- Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Consultant
- Kalyani Seva Kendra, Consultant
- Hindustan health point, Consultant
- Sparsh Diagnostica Pvt. Ltd, Consultant
- 62534, West Bengal Medical Council, 2007
- MS - Orthopaedics
- DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery
- Member, Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Member, Indian Foot & Ankle Society (IFAS)
- Member, Association of Spine Surgeons of India (IASSI).
- Member, IAA
- Member, NASS
124, Eastern Metropolitan Bypass, MukundapurRabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences
C/61, Baghajatin, , Opposite Baghajatin MarketKalyani Seva Kendra
P-72, Prince Anwar Shah Rd, Jodhpur Park, Kolkata, West Bengal 700045Apollo Clinic PA Shah Road7Patient Experience