Dr. Jayanta Kr. GuptaGynecologistDGO, MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology 39 years experience
Professional StatementDr. Jayanta Kr. Gupta is one of the most renowned Gynecologists and Obstetricians in Kolkata with a vast knowledge in these fields. He earned his MBBS and DGO from Calcutta Medical College and MD (Ob-Gyn) from RG Kar Medical College. He also has Membership and a Diploma from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London. Dr. Jayanta’s field of expertise includes laparscopy and hysteroscopic surgery, microsurgery, gyne cancer surgery, urogynecology, family planning, and high risk pregnancy care. However, he possesses the skill and experience to handle cases of endometriosis, diseases in pregnancy, hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, pelvic organ prolapse, urinary problems, vaginal discharge, subfertility, menopause, and gynecological problems involving cancers, abnormal pap smears, pre-invasive cervical/vaginal disease, pregnancy care, and vulva conditions. His extensive clinical practice of 28+ years comprises professional tenures both in India and abroad. He operated as Senior SHO at Birmingham Maternity Hospital and Birmingham Women’s Hospital. Later, he switched to the role of Acting Registrar at Stepping Hill Hospital Stockport, UK, followed by the role of Registrar at Ormskirk Hospital and Liverpool Women’s Hospital, UK. Then he became Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist at Cayman Islands Govt. Health Services (British Overseas Territory) and Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist and HOD at Cayman Islands Govt. Health Services (British Overseas Territory). During this period, he was also honored with the prestigious 'Cayman Island Government Award' for decreasing the incidents of Cervical Cancer (1998). Finally, Dr. Jayanta returned to India and currently practices at Apollo Clinics Salt Lake, Chinar Park and Newtown, and Apollo Gleneagles Hospital as a Consultant Gynecologist and Obstetrician. He is deeply interested in research connected to his medical domain, and keeps publishing his findings in international and national journals of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Share your experienceShare Profile
Question & answer
- Body Contouring Surgery
- Cesarean Birth
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Caesarean Section (C Section)
- Embryo Cryopreservation
- Gynae Problems
Awards and Recognitions
- awarded with 'Cayman Island Government Award' for reducing the incidents of Cervical Cancer.
- He has been invited as Speaker and Lecturer in various famed annual meetings and conferences.
- 1991 - 1992, Birmingham Maternity Hospital & Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Senior SHO
- 1992 - 1993, Stepping Hill Hospital Stockport, UK, Acting Registrar
- 1993 - 1996, Ormskirk Hospital & Liverpool Women’s Hospital, UK, Registrar
- 1996 - 2000, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Cayman Islands Govt. Health Services (British Overseas Territory), Consultant
- 2000 - 2002, Obstetrician & Gynecologist & HOD, Cayman Islands Govt. Health Services (British Overseas Territory), Consultant
- 41857, West Bengal Medical Council, 1983
- MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- membership (MRCOG) as well as fellowship (FRCOG) of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Report an Error
Signature Building, Unit Number A3, Nawapara Road, Landmark: Between Chinar Park and City Center - 2The Apollo Clinic Chinar Park7Patient Experience
DC Block, Office Tower, City CentreThe Apollo Clinic Saltlake (NABL ACCREDITED)9Patient Experience