im NOt being able to get my wife pregnant from 4-5 years, doctor, since we get married. Will surely visit a doctor now. Wt tests are done in clinics to find out if a man is infertile or not? how do I know if i am infertile or not? Are the tests and processes done, v v complex and long??
asked-ques-count-icon 1 doctor answered

Dr. Raveendran SR

Diabetologist, Sexologist, Medical Microbiologist

Yes, you should consult a urologist as soon as possible for your infertility problems. He/she will conduct a physical examination and ask questions related to your lifestyle and medical history. A physical examination may be required as well. Inform him/her about any surgeries you have had in the past, the medicines you take, the exercise routines you follow and whether you smoke or take drugs. The doctor can enquire about your sex life, including whether you face any problems during sex and if you were ever diagnosed with any sexually transmitted diseases. A sample of your semen may also be taken for analysis to determine if you have low or normal sperm count. Afterwards, certain tests like sperm and semen analysis, varicoceles test, hormonal evaluation, genetic testing, anti-sperm antibodies and retrograde ejaculation testing help determine the cause of infertility in your case.

Was this answer helpful?
Would you rather have a conversation with a doctor?
Consult Verified
Doctors Online
84 users currently consulting online.
Trending Topics: Fever, Sex therapy
Ask a FREE question to our experts!
Worried about your health? You can ask a free question right here and our experts will answer at the earliest. Tell us your symptoms (for eg: high fever, dry cough), provide some background or history of the problem (for eg: exists since childhood or last 3 months), mention your age, sex and any other information that you think might be important. Get free health tips, medical advice and much more from our in-house specialists.
84 anonymous users currently online

More Questions On This Topic