Looking for a COVID-19 test?

CareClues partner hospitals and clinics have been approved by ICMR to conduct COVID-19 RT-PCR test.

Hi, I have a question – what sort of hair growth treatment is available for women? My hair has been falling out recently and I need to correct the situation. Thank you.
asked-ques-count-icon 1 doctor answered

Medication is commonly used to treat women’s hair loss. Some of the most popular treatments include: • Minoxidil: When minoxidil is applied directly to your scalp, it stimulates hair growth. Usually 2 percent minoxidil is used for women but for severe cases, a stronger 5 percent solution is also available. • Anti-Androgens: Spironolactone and other anti-androgen drugs help treat androgenic alopecia. • Iron Supplements: Iron deficiency may lead to hair loss in many women. Doctors test the blood iron level, especially if you have a history of anemia, heavy periods, or are a vegetarian. Take supplements to combat the iron deficiency. But if your iron level is normal, avoid taking extra as it can lead to side effects like constipation and stomach upset.

Was this answer helpful?
Would you rather have a conversation with a doctor?
Consult Verified
Doctors Online
87 users currently consulting online.
Trending Topics: Fever, Sex therapy
Ask a FREE question to our experts!
Worried about your health? You can ask a free question right here and our experts will answer at the earliest. Tell us your symptoms (for eg: high fever, dry cough), provide some background or history of the problem (for eg: exists since childhood or last 3 months), mention your age, sex and any other information that you think might be important. Get free health tips, medical advice and much more from our in-house specialists.
87 anonymous users currently online