Dr. Balmukund AgarwalOphthalmologist/ Eye SurgeonMBBS, MS - Ophthalmology26 years experience
Share your experienceShare Profile
- Stichless Micro-incision Phacoemulsification Cataract Surgery
- C-Lasik for removal of specs.
- Glaucoma Management
- Corneal Disorder management
- Retinal Disorder Management
- Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Awards and Recognitions
- Fellowship (2000-2001) on General Ophthalmology in Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati.
- Fellowship (2001-2002) on Cornea and Anterior Segment, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai.
- Training of Post-graduate students (Fellows & DNBs) in Ophthalmology at Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya (2002 – present)
- A rich experience of seminars, case presentation and journal presentation during the Fellowship tenure from 2000 to 200
- Involved in training of Ophthalmic Technicians, Optometry students, Nursing students, Ophthalmic assistants at Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya since 2002.
- Cataract surgery training to Fellows, DNBs, NPCB trainees and others from different states of India.
- Cornea and other Surgeries Training to Cornea Fellows since 2010 onward.
- Presenting Author in scientific poster ― Sutureless conjunctival autograft in Pterygium surgery reduces surgical time and discomfort‖ at World Ophthalmological Conference held at Abu Dhabi from 16-20 Feb 2012.
- Presenting Author in scientific poster ―Clinical outcome of Therapeutic Penetrating Keratoplasty in tertiary eye centre of Notrh east India.‖ at World Ophthalmological Conference held at Abu Dhabi from 16-20 Feb 2012.
- Presenting Author in scientific poster ― Hospital based prevalence and profile of corneal dystrophies in North east India.‖ AIOC 2012, Cochin.
- Presenting Co-author in Scientific Poster ―Scleral perforation following Pterygium Excision and MMC, Management of a challenging case‖ AIOC 2012, Cochin.
- Presenting Co-author in scientific poster ― Fungal sclera-keratitis following Pterygium surgery with Mitomycin application – A case report.‖ AIOC 2012, Cochin.
- Participated as a speaker to talk on ― Corneal Topography‖ during GAO meeting held at Guwahati on March 2012.
- Participated as a speaker to talk on ― Corneal Topography‖ during OSA Conference held at Shillong on Nov 2011.
- Participated as a Speaker to talk on ― Computer Vision Syndrome‖ during ACOIN conference held at Guwahati on Oct. 2011
- Participated as a speaker to talk on ― Types of IOLs‖ during GAO meeting held at Guwahati on June 2011.
- Participated as a speaker to talk on ―Uses of Glue in Ophthalmology‖ during AAOS Conference held at Guwahati on Nov 2010.
- Participated as a speaker to talk on ―Bacterial Keratitis‖ during GAO meeting on 11th sept.2010.
- Participated in the DOS Conference, India held at Delhi on April 2012.
- Participated in the Cornea Unplug meeting held at Hyderbad on March 2012.
- Participated in the Indian Eye banking Education Programme 2003 held at Hyderabad on feb 2003 organised by Ramayama International Eye Bank, LVPEI Hyderabad.
- Participated in the 18th Annual Conference of EIZOC and 35th AAOS Conference held at Silchar in Oct 2003
- Published an article in All Assam Ophthalmic Society Conference Souvenir, 2005, Nagaon on ―Surgery in Primary Pterygia Adjunctive MMC Versus Conjunctival Autograft ―.
- Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Consultant
- Life Member, Ophthalmological Society, Assam
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS)
- All Assam Ophthalmological Society
- Asia Cornea Society (ACS)
- Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society, India
- Guwahati Academy of Ophthalmology
Report an Error
96, Basistha RoadSri Sankaradeva Nethralaya
No schedules available.