Dr. Prafulla Kumar SahooNeurosurgeonMBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh 14 years experience
Professional StatementMBBS from Utkal University, 1976
Share your experienceShare Profile
Question & answer
- Disc Arthroplasty
- Spinal Stabilisation Micro Neurosurgery
- Stereotactic and image guided Brain and Spine Surgery
- Thyroid Disorders
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Growth Disorders
Awards and Recognitions
- Established Neuro surgical centers for the first time at Base Hospital Delhi Cantt, Command Hospital (Air Force) Bangalore, and modernized Neuro surgical centers at Army Hospital (Research & Referral) Delhi Cantt & Command Hospital (Southern Command ) & AFMC Pune and Tata Main Hospital, Jamsedpur.
- Performed cervical disc replacement by Bryan's cervical Disc for cervical disc prolapse, Zephir plating & Premier plating for anterior stabilisation of Cervical spine instability, Apofix fixation for posterior stabilisation of cervical spine instability, Cage placement & Z plate fixation for Thoracic spine instability, TSRH System & Collorodo II system for reduction & fixation of Lumbar spondylolisthesis, Percutaneous Pedicular screw and rod fixation for lumbar spine for the first time in India.
- Performed functional neurosurgery i.e., Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's disease, Spinal cord stimulaton for post surgery failed back and Baclofen pump placement for Spasticity for the first time in India & Armed Forces.Performed Image guided Cranial & Spinal Surgery, Awake brain surgery, Stereotactic surgery, X-knife surgery ( Radio surgery), cervical disc replacement by prestige disc, Lumbar disc replacement by Charitte disc, Device for inter vertebral Assisted Motion (DIAM) placement for lumbar disc prolape, Stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury patients for the first time in Armed Forces.
- Instrumental in establishing a Gamma knife center & Brain suit at AH (R&R) Delhi Cantt.
- Apollo Hospitals, Bhubaneswar, Consultant
- 6238, 1976
- MS - General Surgery
- Member, Orissa Council of Medical Registration
- Member, Indian Medical Association
251, Old Sainik School Road, Unit 15Apollo Hospital